The OPEC fund for international development – OFID scholarship award 2017/2018 is open for qualified applicants who have or are on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree and who wish to study for a master’s degree, to win up to $50000
Application deadline: 1st may 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Scholarship Info; any recognised university in the world
Accepted Subject Area: the scholarship is open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of development or energy studies such as: economic development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification) or other related science and technology fields.
OFID (the OPEC Fund for International Development) is pleased to announce that qualified applicants who have obtained or are on the verge of completing their under graduate degree and who wish to study for a master’s degree are welcome to apply for the OFID scholarship 2017/2018
OFID scholarship will be awarded to four students or candidates for master’s degree studies. Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID member countries) and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognised university / college in the world.
Through its scholarship scheme, aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers- the cost of graduate studies. The winners of the OFID scholarship award will receive a scholarship of up to US$ 50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of two years, towards the completion of a master’s degree, or its equivalent at an accredited institution, starting in the atum of the academic year 2017/2018
Type: full master’s scholarship
Selection Criteria: applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting necessary information. Applications will be evaluated based on the information provided. Therefore all questions should be answered as thoroughly as possible. Once an application has been submitted, no changes will be allowed on it
Eligibility: to be eligible to apply for the OFID masters scholarship applicants:
- Must be between the ages of23-32 at the time of submitting his or her application
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a baccalaureate from an accredited college/ university or its equivalent
- Must a have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system or its equivalent
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting august/ September 2015 and must maintain full time status for the duration of the master’s degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID’s member countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction), energy and sustainable development) environment (desertification), or other related science and technology field.
Number Of Scholarship: four
Scholarship Benefits: the winners of the OFID Award will receive a full tuition scholarship award of up to US$50000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, towards the completion of a master’s degree, or its equivalent, at an accredited educational institution
Duration: one year master’s degree programme
Eligible African Countries: see the list of eligible developing countries for OFID masters scholarship from the below
How to Apply: applicants must complete the online application.
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below in section iii. All materials including information the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than the deadline date.
- A completed online application form
- A scanned copy of the applicants passport
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the master’s degree program ( must not exceed one year)
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency
- A short essay- of about 500 words in English- giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experienced gained from your master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and or lecturers at applicant’s present university.
- Curriculum vitae CV
Only the winner will be notified in June 2017 via OFID website,
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476