Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 5th July 2017 (annual)
Eligible Countries: Only applicants from developing countries
Scholarship Country: The Netherlands
Fields of Study: The NFP offers candidates three sub-programmes to choose from:
- Master’s degree programmes
- Short courses
- PhD studies
Scholarship Info: The Netherlands Fellowship Programmes (NFP), is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the budget for development cooperation, are designed to promote capacity building within organizations in 51 (previously 62) countries by providing training and education to mid-career staff.
The fellowship seeks to help alleviate qualitative and quantitative shortages of skilled manpower within a wide range of governmental, private and non-governmental organizations. This is achieved by offering fellowships to mid-career professionals to improve the capacity of their employing organizations.
Selection Criteria: Top priority will be given to candidates who:
- live and work in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- are women;
- belong to a priority groups and/or are from a marginalised region as defined by the Dutch embassy in your country. You can find these priorities on the embassy’s website.
Eligibility: To be eligible for an NFP fellowship, candidate must:
- be a mid-career professional with at least three years’ relevant work experience;
- be a national of, and working and living in one of the countries on the NFP country list (see below) valid at the time of application;
- be nominated by your employer, who pledges to continue paying your salary and guarantees that you will be able to return to the same or an equivalent position at the end of your fellowship period;
- have been unconditionally admitted by a Dutch institution to one of the Master’s degree programmes or Short courses on the 2016-2017 course list, or have agreed upon a PhD research proposal with the Dutch institution.
- not already have received an NFP fellowship for a master’s degree programme or a PhD fellowship.
- not be employed by:
- – a multinational corporation
- – a large national and/or commercial organisation
- – a bilateral donor organisation
- – a multilateral donor organisation
- – an international NGO.
- have completed and submitted an NFP PhD study, master’s degree programme or short course application, including all the required documentation, before the applicable fellowship application deadline;
- be employed in an area to which the study will make a relevant contribution;
- be full-time available for the entire period of the programme or course and be physically and mentally able to take part in the entire programme;
Number of Scholarships: Several
Value of Scholarship: The fellowship is a supplement to the candidate’s salary and a contribution towards the expenses related to the course or study programme.
Duration of Scholarship:Scholarships will be available for the period of course
Eligible African Countries: Apply if you hail from Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, Benin, Guinea-Bissau, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, Cape Verde, Uganda, Mali, Zambia, DR Congo, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Egypt, Namibia
How to Apply
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476