Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 22nd June 2017.
Eligible Countries:Only International students should apply.
Scholarship country: All Scholarships will be undertaken at University of Leeds, UK
Eligible Courses: The Institute offers a choice of six (6) Masters degrees:
- MSc Mathematical Modelling for Transport
- MSc Sustainability in Transport
- MSc Transport Economics
- MSc Transport Planning
- MSc Transport Planning and the Environment
- MSc (Eng) Transport Planning and Engineering
Scholarship Info: The Institute for Transport Studies (ITS), Faculty of Environment, University of Leeds is currently offering a funded fees scholarship, to provide a unique opportunity for a diligent African student of outstanding ability, achievement and potential to study at the university. The Institute hence will offer a 50% fees scholarships, each worth £8500, to provide development opportunities to students of outstanding ability, achievement and potential. The scholarships will fund 50% of the tuition fees for international students to undertake a full-time Masters degree programme. The scholarships form part of the ITS mission to advance the understanding of global transport, via the development of future transport professionals.
It is expected that the scholarship recipient will take up employment in the transport sector in their home country after the Masters programme, to apply their new skills in an area of identified need.
- a) Applicants must hold, or expect to obtain, a bachelors degree equivalent to a UK first class or upper second class honours.
- b) Applicants must hold an offer (conditional or unconditional) of an academic place for an ITS Masters degree for the academic year commencing September 2016.
- c) Applicants must be designated as ‘international fee status’ by the University of Leeds, and be domiciled in an African country.
Available Scholarships: A total of 4
Benefits: The scholarship is a 50% tuition fee waiver.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship applicants must:
- a) Complete and submit the relevant scholarship application form, to include:
- i) a statement of up to 500 words which details how and why a Masters degree from ITS would enable the applicant make a difference to transportation in their country/region, and specifically to tackle a significant problem or issue;
- ii) evidence of the applicant’s outstanding ability, achievement and potential;
iii) an outline of the applicant’s career aspirations;
- iv) details of their funding situation, including existing funds which are available to them, scholarship applications where the outcome is known or awaited, and other funding sources being explored.
- b) Provide a supporting statement from a referee [the scholarship referee should be additional to the academic referees].
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057