Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 3rd November, 2017
Eligible Countries: Apply if you hail from Ghana
Scholarship country: Ghana
Eligible Field of Study: BA Computer Science and any of the following BSc Applied Sciences:
School of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Scholarship Info: General Electric will provide a flat-rated scholarship support through the “the GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana under-graduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the next three years of 2016, 2017 and 2018 (individually the“Scholarship Year”). Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
Scholarship Type: Under-graduate taught
Eligibility: Candidate is eligible to apply if he/she:
- is a Ghanaian.
- is a Level 100 student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE.
- is able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- has the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
- is reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Will maintain a 2.5 CGPA
- is of a Good Conduct.
Number of Scholarships: Not indicated yet!
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will cover the following:
- Academic and residential fees
- Book allowance and out of pocket.
- Leadership training and limited Internship (If candidate maintains excellent academic standard and need is demonstrated)
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will be valid for the duration of the program.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should provide the following to apply:
- Official pay slip or payroll record of parents/guardians or the applicant.
- Recent school receipts/ bills of siblings of school going age.
- Tax return receipts– IRS, VAT, tabletop hawking receipts, etc.
- Birth Certificates (of siblings).
- Death Certificate or Burial permit (in case of death of a parent).
- Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
- Bank Statements / Ghana Cocoa Board Farmers Association Passbook.
- SSNIT contribution statements.
- Money transfer receipts.
- National Health Insurance receipts (showing premium paid).
- Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
- Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing, of your application.
- High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Confirm That you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program
Interested candidates should download and submit a completed GE- FUND SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM and the required essays, a copy of candidates academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057