Kings College London offers Desmond tutu scholarship for international students EU/UK students to study for undergraduate study in UK.
Application Deadline: 5pm on Friday 31st March 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: UK, EU and International Students
To be taken at (country): King’s College London, UK
About the Scholarship: Desmond tutu scholarship is one of the new kings scholars scholarship which will directly benefit students that entering higher education. Kings college London is very pleased to announce to this establishment of the new award as part of the new kings scholars scheme. For 2017 entry.
Kings College is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, learning and understanding the service of society. We look for students who are pursuing higher learning so that they play a part in making the world a better place.
Offered Since: 2012
Eligibility: All undergraduate students starting at King’s in 2017, who do not already have a previous degree from a UK, EU or international institution, are eligible to apply, though the following selection criteria will be applied to each applicant:
In order to be eligible* to apply for the Desmond Tutu Scholarship, students must:
- must be undertaking a first degree;
- not hold a first degree from a UK, EU or other international institution;
- not be NHS-funded in their first year of study;
- will only be considered if you are subsequently confirmed as holding an offer from King’s;
- submit an essay, not to exceed 1,000 words, titled: “How do you think an education at King’s College London would help you to serve society once you graduate?”
- submit a copy of your curriculum vitae (CV) which demonstrates existing work in service to society.
Please note that being eligible does not mean an automatic entitlement to a scholarship, as final selection by committee is based upon your essay and CV submission.
Essay Evaluation: The word limit is 1,000 words. The essay title is:
How do you think an education at King’s College London would help you to
serve society once you graduate?
The criteria for evaluation of the essay:
- the academic merit of the assignment – a clear and fluent style with a well focused and structured argument;
- an understanding and exposition of how skills learnt at the College will be able to translate into action to serve society.
Number of Awardees: 18 Students will be awarded scholarships
Benefits: each scholarship will be worth £1000, scholars will be invited to a number of events throughout the year. Including a welcome dinner that will be hosted by the VP education for the Desmond tutu students.
Duration: the scholarship is payable in one year of candidates course of study and will be paid as a single cash bursary in October 2017.
How to Apply: The application form can be downloaded here.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057