Welcome trust is offering fellowship in public health and tropical medicine to mid-career researchers from low and middle income countries welcome trust also offer fellowship for masters, training and senior researchers.
Application Deadline: 8th May 2017
Eligible Countries: Low- and middle-income countries
To be taken at (country): Fellowships can be taken in Low- and middle-income countries (See list of countries below)
Eligible Field of Study: Fellowships are awarded in the field of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
About The Award: This scheme helps mid-career researchers from low and middle income countries to establish independent research programs in those countries. The scheme aims to support research that will improve public health and tropical medicine at local, national and global level.
Type: researcher (intermediate career stage)
Eligibility: students can apply for intermediate fellowship in public health and tropical medicine if they:
- Are a national of a low or middle income country
- Have a PhD or a degree in medicine and are qualified to enter higher specialist training
- Have 3to 6 years postdoctoral training
- Students that do not have a PhD or degree in medicine ,welcome trust may still be considered if they have a first or master degree that can show substantial research experience.
Students must also.
- Strong track record in your area of research and show the potential of becoming a scientific leader.
- Have sponsorship from an eligible host from a low or middle income country
- Have a proposal that is within the public health or tropical medicine remit.
- Your track record
- The quality and importance of your research question(s)
- Your approach to solving these questions
- The suitability of your research environment.
This scheme may be of particular interest if you’re an early career fellow (such as a Training Fellow in Public Health and Tropical Medicine) and this fellowship is the next step in your career as a research scientist.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Support includes:
- A basic salary (determined by your organisation host)
- Personal removal expense
- Research expense, directly related to your proposal
Scholarship can be taken in Low- and middle-income countries
Duration of Fellowship: An Intermediate Fellowship In Public Health And Tropical Medicine Is For Up To Five Years And Cannot Be Renewed An Intermediate Fellowship Can Be Held On A Part Time Basics
List of Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep., Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, FYR, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia and Zimbabwe
How to Apply: Applicants must submit their application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT). Stages of application
- Submit preliminary application
- Submit full application
- External peer review
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057