Deadline: April 14 2017
Time left: 52days
Applications are invited for 40 UNESCO/POLAND c-sponsored research fellowship for applicants from Africa, Arab states, the Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Caribbean. Fellowship will be given to undertake an individual research program in the field of science, technology and engineering.
Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or MSc degree applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/ other language requirement in order to be able to study there.
Fellowship, are Awarded in the Field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
List Of Subjects: Drilling Engineering, Geophysics Or Physics, Decision Engineering, Automation Mining Devises, Mining Devices, Transport Engineering, Manufacturing Transport Engineering, Sensor Engineering, Economic Sociology and Economics, Foundry Engineering, Computer Vision, Geology, Material Science, Nanotechnology, Composite Materials Geology And Mining, Gas Engineering Geoturisim
Facilities offered by polished authorities
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on local regulations. Accommodation at the AGH UST student campus organised by UNESCO AGH chair for the fellows
- Monthly allowance of 1600 PLN (1 USD = approximately 4,0 PLN) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and; (iii) A one-time special allowance of 1600 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival (in accordance with the internal regulations for all students); cultural, historical and/or touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- No provision to finance or lodge family members is made.
Facilities offered by UNESCO:
- At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution. This certificate will be given after receipt of the requested report and financial clearance from the institution.
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship benefit who are declared medically unfit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy taken out by the organization for the duration of the fellowship. The cost of the health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
- Hold the Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be a member of Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Eligible Regions: Students from Africa, Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and Caribbean can apply for these UNESCO fellowships. Application Process
Candidatures should be submitted by the invited Member State. Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Stoyan Bantchev, Chief, Participation programme and Fellowships Section, by 14 April 2017 at the latest (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address. An advance copy of the application should be sent by fax (33.1) 45.68.55.03 or by e-mail unesco3(at)agh.edu.pl; s.bantchev(at)unesco.org; email@example.com and l.zas-friz-at-unesco.org. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in DUPLICATE:
- UNESCO fellowships application forms, including medical certificate, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, handwriting form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree/ PhD obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
- The endorsed candidates should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on the page.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2017 (53 Days Remaining)
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057