With funding from Siwei Cheng foundation of education of the University of Chines Academy of science, the prize will recognise economic scientist who will be living and working in developing country for at least 10 years
Application Deadline: 31 March 2017
Eligible Countries: Developing And Other Countries
To be taken at country: the prize will be present on a special occasion often coinciding with the general meeting of TWAS
About the Award: the prize reflects the academy of sciences support to TWAS and more generally seeks to build scientific capacity in the developing world Bai Chunli president of both the Chinese academy and TWAS, played an essential role in the creation of TWAS-Siwei Cheng prize
The TWAS-Siwei cheng prize is named after the renewed Chinese economist Siwei Cheng (1935-2015), an economist, an engineer and a major politician he is well known for his modern work in modern Chinese economic development as driving force behind the establishment of ChiNext, a stock exchange designed to provide venture capital in technology companies. His work had a profound impact on both the Chinese and the global economy.
Eligibility: Candidates for the TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences must be economic scientists who have been living and working in a developing country for at least ten years immediately before their nomination. They must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Scientific research achievement in economic sciences of outstanding significance for the development of scientific thought.
- Outstanding contribution to the application of economic sciences to sustainable development.
Members of TWAS and candidates for TWAS membership are not eligible for the prize.
Self-nominations will not be considered.
- TWAS is inviting nominations from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
- Nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line nomination platform and clearly state the candidate’s contribution to understanding and addressing economic sciences.
- Nominations of women social scientists and candidates from scientifically lagging countries are particularly encouraged.
Selection Criteria: Selection of the awardees is made on merit and on the recommendations of the selection committees composed of TWAS members.
Value of Award:
- From 2017 and for five years total, an annual prize of US$10,000 will be awarded in the field of Economic Sciences.
- The prize is accompanied by a medal.
How to Apply: The TWAS-Siwei Cheng Prize in Economic Sciences’ nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by clicking on the “Nominate Now” link at the bottom of this page.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476