Deadline 1 mar (annual)
Study in: Germany
Next course: 2017
The Heinrich Boll Foundation Award Some Scholarship To International Student Who Gained Their University Entrance Qualification Outside Of Germany Who Wish Study A Masters Or PhD Program In Germany.
State Or State Recognised Universities In Germany
Level/field of study
For EU Students Master’s Degree Course at State Or State Recognised In Switzerland And Other EU Member State University
The Scholarship Is Towards Master’s Degree Or Phd Degree In All Subjects Offered At State Or State Recognised Universities in Germany
Number of scholarships
The scholarship programs allots scholarship to international students both EU and non EU who are not educated in Germany.
Non-EU students: €750 per month plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are in certain cases possible in Germany.
EU students: varies, max. €649 plus €300 book money per month; tuition fees not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other countries.
The scholarship is awarded for the regular period of study, may be extended by one semester.
Non-EU students: €1000 per month plus €100 mobility allowance per month, plus various individual allowances; tuition fees are not possible.
EU students: €1350 per month basic scholarship plus €100 per month research costs allowance; tuition fees are not possible in Germany but possible to a limited extent in other
The scholarship is awarded for two years as a rule, may be extended twice at most by half a year.
International Master students who earned their university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- You may apply before commencing your Masters programme or at any time up to the end of the first semester of the Masters programme.
- Applicants must have completed a first degree. Proof of first professional qualification must be provided
International Doctoral students who earned the university entrance qualification outside Germany:
- The applicant must have been accepted as a doctoral student by a state or state-recognised university in Germany. Proof of admission, as a rule in Germany, must be included with the application.
- By the application date, preliminary work must have been completed and a valid timetable for completion must be submitted.
- PhD subjects related to focal points of the Foundation’s activities will be given priority.
For details of application requirements and procedures, please consult information sheet A 1-1 (“scholarship application for undergraduate and graduate students”, PDF) or A 2-1 (“scholarship application for doctoral studies”). The online application portal closes on 1 March at the latest.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.boell.de/en/scholarships-application
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057