Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 25th November 2016
Eligible Countries: You should hail from either Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be undertaken at Scotland, UK
Eligible Fields of Study: All
Scholarship Info:The candidate should be aware that this scholarship is the University’s investment in the sustained growth of an individual and the betterment of a community at large. The candidate should indicate how she will use the studying abroad experience and the postgraduate qualification to locally or globally promote holistic transformation, facilitate equal access to opportunities for all, and encourage a peaceful, reconciled and empowered population in her home country.
Scholarship Type: Taught Year Masters
Eligibility: Criteria for awarding the scholarship is as follows:
- The applicant must be a Liberian, Nigerian, Ghanaian country national citizen
- The applicant must be permanently resident in Liberia, Nigeria or Ghana at the time of application
- The applicant must be female
- Applicants will be selected on the basis of their merit and potential evidenced by their personal statement.
These scholarships will be awarded to students who are undertaking a one year taught masters programme at the University of Dundee, in the academic year 2016-17 (January 2017 entry).
Applicants should have been offered a place at the University of Dundee and should have equally accepted that offer or be intending to do so. Check for the full list of postgraduate courses, including details of how to apply, online.
- Preference will be given to a candidate who has shown evidence of upholding the ethos of the Gbowee Peace Foundation Africa through sustained personal growth, involvement in community development, and a strong commitment to the advancement and education of women and youth in her home country.
- It is recommended that the candidate provide examples or a personal narrative that highlight leadership qualities, personal fortitude, and active participation in developing meaningful opportunities which lead to the social, educational, and/or spiritual advancement of the disadvantaged.
- The successful candidate should be prepared to use the scholarship not only as an educational experience but also as a chance to become immersed in another culture, while fostering understanding of her own country and culture amongst students and the local community of Dundee.
- The applying candidate should address how she hopes to become involved in University or local societies, activities, and/or organisations, and how she will support discourse about issues women face globally.
Number of Awardees: Not indicated.
Value of Scholarship: An award of up to a total of £20,000 for Tuition and living expenses will be provided
Duration of Scholarship:Scholarships will be valid for 1 year
- Take care to complete the application form
- To complete the application process you must complete the form and submit all relevant documentation and return by email to Gillian Sharp at the University of Dundee email@example.com
- Please type Leymah Gbowee Scholarship in the subject area of the email.
(Applicants will also be required to provide proof of their African citizenship and permanent residence)
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476