BBC has top placements with their sports and news teams in Salford, the London newsroom and in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. They also have positions with local radio stations across England. They are presently in Bradford, West Yorkshire; Wolverhampton, Sunderland, Blackburn, Leicester, Portsmouth, Taunton, Northampton, Bristol and Cambridge. If you have what it takes to tell a story and reach people who don’t normally consume the news, then BBC wants to hear from you and read your application. You will be studying for a Level 3 Apprenticeship in journalism designed by the National Council for the Training of Journalists (NCTJ).
The BBC Digital Journalist Digital Apprenticeship is a 22 month placement starting in September 2017 and completing in July 2019.
Training program/internship will take place in United Kingdom
Currently, the annual training allowance is £12,500 rising to £14,000 in year 2. If you are based in London you get an additional £4,560 to reflect the greater cost of living in the capital.
Apprentices combine classroom-based study, learning on-the-job and working towards exams in Media Law, Public Affairs, Broadcast Journalism and News Reporting.
- You’ll learn how to create great content and programmes for TV, Radio, Digital, Online and social media.
- You’ll train and work with BBC editors and staff.
- You’ll write, record, create and reach out to our audiences.
Digital Journalist Apprentices will be placed with BBC news teams around the United Kingdom. They will work and train alongside experienced BBC journalists and after sufficient training they will be given the opportunity to make a real contribution to our news output.
- You are creative, intelligent, determined and resilient.
- You are quick to react, an enthusiast for all things digital and you are already using social media to communicate.
- You know how to connect with your local community and share their stories and experiences with a wider BBC audience.
Please note this is a scheme aimed at non-graduates. But you need to have at least 5 GCSEs with Maths and English at a C or above (or equivalent). If you have a degree or a qualification at Level 4 or above you are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
Eligible Regions: Applications are welcome from any part of the world
You are encouraged to apply Online!
Application Deadline: Apply on or before April 18, 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476