The ICTP invites any Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor from the East African region for the
Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 31st January 2018
Semester Begins: 1st May 2018
Job Country: Jobs will take place in Kigali, Rwanda
Award Info: Under the supervision of the Director the incumbents will undertake research in their areas of mathematics or theoretical condensed matter, high energy and solid earth physics and will assist and teach in the Masters programmes. Essential responsibilities include the following:
- Carrying out detailed research in their field of theoretical or mathematical physics.
- Participating in the organization of the Master programme in Physics.
- Teach at least two courses per annum in the Masters programme.
- Supervise students and postdoctoral fellows at the institute.
- Actively participate in the development and running of a Ph.D. programme in Physics and Mathematics and to supervise and/or co-supervise Ph.D. students in their fields of research.
- Help organise workshops, meetings etc. that are held by the Institute alone or in collaboration with other international bodies, especially the ICTP.
- Interface with research staff of the departments of Physics and mathematics at UR and with the ICTP.
- To keep a collegiate atmosphere within the institute and with the Physics and Mathematics departments and the ICTP.
- Education: Ph.D. in Physics or in a related field.
- Work Experience: At least 4 years of relevant professional experience after obtaining the doctorate. (2 years of which in an international environment is an asset.)
- Experience in lecturing and organizing training activities. (This experience in a developing country is an asset).
- Skills/Competencies: Ability to work in a multicultural environment as part of a team.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English.
Number of Awards: 2 offers will be avaialble
Value of Award: $37,000 – $ 44,000 (US)
Duration of Program: Full-time
How to Apply: Apply online
Candidates can submit any additional documentation (CV, list of publications, etc.) to the ICTP Personnel Office at email@example.com.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476