Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 7th January 2018
Eligible Countries: All African countries and other regions are eligible to apply
To be taken at (country): Fellowship will take place in the USA
About the Award: Global Health Corps is currently building the next generation of diverse health leaders. The Health Services Corps is offeringr a range of paid fellowship positions with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement. Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement.
Type: This is a paid Fellowship
Eligibility: Global Health Corps Fellowship is looking for a global and diverse group of passionate and talented emerging leaders who:
- Are willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, to embrace failure, and to approach a personally transformative year – with many challenges in the day-to-day – with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Are ready to strengthen and use their voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing wicked problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Are committed to bringing your best and doing the work in the day-to-day, showing up as a critical part of the global health equity movement.
- Are passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to effect health impact.
- Are committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
Selection Criteria: By the start of the fellowship, June 24, 2018, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Yearlong paid placements (June 24, 2018 – July 8, 2019) within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, we engage fellows in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow. The fellowship starts at our Training Institute at Yale University from June 24-July 6, 2018.
- Fellow receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Cash to take care of monthly living and utilities
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
Duration of Fellowship: The 2018/2019 fellowship year which begins in late June 2018 and ends in July 2019.
How to Apply: Apply here
It is important to go through the Application Requirements before applying.
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476