The United Nations University Office of the Rector is currently recruiting highly qualified interns to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo. Junior Fellows are recruited through a competitive application process twice per year. Graduate students interested in the work of the United Nations — and in particular, UNU — are encouraged to apply.
The underlying principles of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector are centred on creating a dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate level students and young professionals. Successful candidates will contribute to the work of the Office of the Rector, the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole. The programme provides opportunities for the development of new skills and knowledge and is a unique and constructive setting for the practical application of capacities acquired through graduate studies.
Internship will take place in Japan
Monthly stipend and a fixed transportation allowance for commuting to and from UNU headquarters is provided to the interns.
- Applicants should be currently pursuing or has recently completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work;
- Applicants should be under 32 years of age at the time of application;
- Applicants must not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field;
- It is important you have a fluent command of written and spoken English;
- Possess excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- can establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds;
- demonstrates resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving;
- has advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of standard office software (word processing, spreadsheets, databases, etc.); and
- has a demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.
Eligible Regions: International applicants from any part of the world.
The application process is conducted in two stages. Instructions for each stage are detailed in the Apply link.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476