FSC is currently looking for a passionate young correspondents from around the world who will engage their peers by covering this important event with originality, accuracy and inspiring reporting.
The FSC GA 2017 is FSC’s highest decision-making body. Eight hundred participants from 70 countries – representing social, economic and environmental interests from the Global North and South – will meet in Vancouver to discuss a sustainable future for the world’s forests and the people that inhabit them.
The event will take place in Canada
All successful applicants will receive the following:
- Fully paid return flights on economy class to Vancouver;
- Reimbursement of visa application fees;
- Accommodation (sharing) in a hotel in Vancouver;
- All meals and a small stipend will be provided.
- You must demonstrate excellent writing skills in English;
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a journalism/communications degree at the time of application. Students in forestry/environmental sciences related degrees with the above required writing skills are also encouraged to apply;
- Also applicants must be aged between 18 to 26;
- Not be working as a professional journalist at the time of the event;
- Have a good working knowledge of English (Spanish, or additional languages desirable);
- Be available to travel on and around the dates of the FSC GA 2017 (9 to 13 October 2017);
- You must be in possession of a valid passport, which does not expire before 31 October 2017;
- Applicants should not have any legal reasons to be denied a visa to enter Canada.
Related Post: Free tuition medical university in Cuba and how to apply
Eligible Regions: Not indicated at the moment.
How to Apply
Application should include:
- CV or resume including full contact details, education, volunteer and working experience (max. 2 pages);
- A brief cover letter in English detailing why you want to be the FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 and how your experience would help you to achieve the deliverables (max. one page);
- Copies of, or links to, three examples of your work (articles, blog posts, videos etc.), preferably on environmental issues;
- Desirable: A letter supporting your application from a teacher, professor, mentor, professional journalist etc.
Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before July 14, 2017
How to Apply
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057