The U.S. Institute of Peace and His Holiness the Dalai Lama wants to build bridges between international leaders and youth peacebuilders by partnering with the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security. This partnership will ensure a space where constructive, intergenerational conversations can occur that begin to lessen the divides separating the work of youth leaders and more traditional leaders is created.
The program will convene a select group of 28 youth peacebuilders to Dharamsala for two days of conversation with the Dalai Lama to discuss ways in which youth can partner with international leaders to build peace. Selected youth will come from some of the world’s most conflict-ridden areas.
Will take place in India
USIP will fully sponsor selected youth leaders to attend the program from November 3-9, inclusive of travel days. USIP shall accordingly pay for the cost of flights, lodging, and meals for each participant during their stay. Participants will share a double occupancy room with a fellow youth leader of the same gender.
- Must reside and work in Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Central African Republic or be of Syrian origin living and working in Lebanon, Turkey or Jordan.
- Must be 18-35 years old.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must hold a leadership role in an organization that does peacebuilding work.
- Must have a passport that is valid through May 2018.
Eligible Regions: Tunisia, Sri Lanka, Central African Republic, Syrian
Submission should include:
- A completed application form via Survey Monkey
- A list of three references with contact information e-mailed to GenChange@usip.org
- An updated CV e-mailed to GenChange@usip.org
- A scanned copy of a valid passport e-mailed to GenChange@usip.org
Application Deadline: May 10, 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476