Deadline: October 30, 2015
CERN internship program is a paid international opportunity for an undergraduate student of a CERN Member State nationality in a technical field for a practical/world class training in a technical field to enable them complete their final project.
CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research is a truly unique organization. A genuine collaboration between countries, universities and scientists, driven not by profit margins, but by a commitment to create and share knowledge. The Technical Student Programme is aimed to undergraduate students in applied physics, engineering or computing, to spend a training period of 4 to 12 months during the course of their studies in Geneva, Switzerland. The selected candidates will not start with the internship before February 2016.
- To be eligible you need to be national of a CERN Member State and studying in a Member State. Note that Romanian, Serbian and Turkish nationals are equally eligible.
Students from Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State for the last 5 years and are currently enrolled in a Member State educational establishment.
- It is important you need to have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies.
- You can stay at least 4 or at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. To be able to fully benefit from a technical studentship we advise students to opt for the longest period possible.
- You must have a good knowledge of English OR French.
- You will get a monthly living allowance to cover your expenses in the Geneva area.
- A health insurance for illnesses and accidents of professional or non-professional nature.
- Travel expenses (on a lump sum basis).
- Application has to be submitted. Once your application form has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail which contains a link to the CERN “Report on candidate” form. You must forward this link to at least one referee (Professor preferably but they also accept a supervisor from a previous internship).
- Students must also upload their most recent academic transcript (official document giving an overview of your marks), as well as a CV (in English or French) in order to complete your application.
For more information about our services including guest post and advertising on this blog, kindly reach us on email@example.com