Applications are currently invited for Chinese Government Scholarship-EU Program taking place at Chongqing University for candidates from EU member countries. Note that the Chinese Government Scholarship-AUN Programme is a full scholarship set up by the Ministry of Education.
Chongqing University (CQU) is a popular key national university and a member of the “Excellence League”, located in Chongqing, Southwest China. It is also one of the “211 Project” and “985 Project” universities with full support in construction and development from the central government and Chongqing Municipal Government.
- Application Deadline: You’ll have to apply between early January and early April. Endeavor to consult the EU Office for the specific deadline of each year.
- Course Level: This scholarship program will support undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars and senior scholars.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is available to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The EU Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please consult the Office for Education and Culture, Mission of P.R China to the European Union (referred to as the EU office)for the specific Information.
- Nationality: Scholarship is open for EU Member countries
- Number of Scholarships: This is not known.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for students from EU countries are eligible to apply: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an EU member country and be in good health.
- The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- Be a high school graduate under the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
- Be under the age of45 and have a high school diploma (or higher) when applying for the general scholar programs;
- Be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of50 when applying for the senior scholar programs.
English Language Requirements: Except for the English-taught programs, all the courses for other programs will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency (HSK 4 or above)are required to take remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties.
How to Apply: Step 1- Apply to the EU Office for CGS opportunity.
Step 2- Apply to Chongqing University for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities as an eligible candidate.
Step 3- Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students
(Visit http://wwc.sc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please consult the EU Office for Instructions of CGS Information Management System for International Students and Agency Number.
Step 4- Submit all your application documents to the EU Office before the deadline.
Application Documents (in duplicate)
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English)
- Notarized highest diploma;
Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English);
Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
- A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English);
This should be a minimum of 800words.
- Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English);
Applicants for the graduate programs or the senior scholar programs must submit two recommendation letters signed by professors or associate professors.
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy), (The original copy will be kept by yourself and the form is uniformly printed by the Chinese healthy quarantine departments. It must be written in English and can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org ) .The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
- The copy of Pre-admission Letter from Chongqing University (if available);
- The copy of valid HSK Certificate (if available).
- Valid documents of your legal guardians in China (only required for applicants under the age of 1
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476