American University is currently inviting applications for Emerging Global Leader Scholarship. This scholarship is available for international students from around the world to pursue an undergraduate programme.
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
Scholarship will take place in United States
AU EGL scholarship will fully cover all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. However, note that the scholarship will not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
AU EGLS candidates must apply Regular Decision for fall (August) 2018. Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95 TOEFL iBT, 7.0 IELTS or 600 paper-based TOEFL (or above).
- Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
The AU EGLS selection process is most competitive. Priority consideration will be given to those AU EGLS applicants who apply and complete the AU EGLS application, Common or Coalition Application, and international admissions process by December 15, 2017. To be considered for admission to AU, student’s application and supporting documents must be submitted by the appropriate deadline and must include all of the following:
- Completed application form, including essay
- Academic records with official transcripts
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- CV or resume
- Demonstrated English proficiency (minimum TOEFL iBT 80/paper based 550, IELTS 6.5, or PTE 53)
- Completed Certification of Finances for International Students (CFIS) form and bank letter
Application Deadline: Apply on or before December 15, 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057