Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 15th November, 2017
Eligible Countries: Applicants from any part of the world can apply.
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be taken at University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada
Scholarship Info: The University of British Columbia- UBC- Canada International Leader of Tomorrow (ILOT) Award rewards international students who demonstrate top academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
Note that a standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
Type: Scholarships are for undergraduate taught programs
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Be informed that interested candidates must be nominated by the high school they are currently attending, recently graduated from, or the college/university they are transferring from. To be eligible for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
- be applying for your first undergraduate degree
- be admissible to the first-choice degree you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student – neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada – and be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit (student visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university
Number of Scholarships: Several scholarships will be awarded.
Value of Scholarship: costs of tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs
Duration of Scholarship: The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
How to Apply
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057