- The deadline to complete the Preliminary Questionnaire is 13th October, 2017
- The selection process: 16th October to 31st December, 2018
- Note that all pre-selected candidates will be notified by email: January-February 9 2018
- Admission to universities: January to March 2018
- Pre-departure process (visa, accommodation, pre-departure orientation): February to July 2018
- All candidates will be notified of results by May 2018
- Orientation session in Canada: Mid- August 2018
- Start of study programs: End of August/beginning of September 2018
Eligible Countries: Only countries in sub-Saharan Africa
Scholarship country: Scholarships will take place in Canada
Fields of Study: Apply to study if you are considering taking up courses in public Administration, Public Policy or Public Finances
Scholarship Info: The Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE) is currently administering the International Scholarships Program (ISP) of Global Affairs Canada. The ALT Scholarship Program by the CBIE will offer full scholarships based on merit based awards to women and men from sub-Saharan Africa to pursue a Master’s degree in public administration, public policy or public finances in Canada.
The African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Programme has two components:
- An academic component
- A professional component
Scholarship Type: For masters programs.
Eligibility: You must meet ALL the requirements to be eligible:
- Be a citizen AND resident of sub-Saharan Africa;
- Be between 22 and 35 years old (at the beginning of the study program);
- Have completed a university degree meeting the minimum academic requirements for admission into a Master’s degree in Canada;
- Have a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years of full-time work experience in the public sector, civil society sector or a research institute in Africa;
- Be fluent in French or English;
- Meet all the academic requirements of the study program of choice.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident or you have applied for permanent residency in Canada.
- You are already enrolled in a degree or any program of study at a Canadian university.
- You are currently employed by the Government of Canada.
Selection Criteria: Eligible candidates with complete files will be assessed against the following criteria by a national selection committee:
- Academic merit;
- Professional experience;
- Relevance and merit of the case study;
- Recommendation letters;
- Demonstrated leadership capacity; and
- Potential contribution to public administration and public policy upon the candidate’s return to his/her home country.
In awarding the scholarships, considerations will be given to gender equity and equitable representation from across sub-Saharan Africa
Value of Scholarship: Fully-funded
Duration of Scholarship: The African Leaders of Tomorrow Scholarship Programme funds studies in a Master’s degree programme in public administration, public policy or public finance for a maximum period of two years (24 months). There are no other eligible programs.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates must click here to complete the Preliminary Inquiry Questionnaire.
- You will need to provide information about your GPA from your undergraduate degree and any post-graduate programs (if applicable).
It is important to go through the Application requirements on the Scholarship Webpage (see link below) before applying.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476