Application Deadline: 1st November 2017 (early decision I), 1st January 2018 (early decision II), 15th December 2017 (Regular Decision)
Scholarship Info: Per the MasterCard Scholars Program, Wellesley will provide nine (9) African women with holistic support that includes scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities. Successful scholars at Wellesley will build wholesome experiences, values, and competencies that are key to success in the global economy, and that enable them to give back to their communities and home countries. The students will arrive in groups of three students each year.
Scholarship Type: Only undergraduate taught programs.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be selected on the basis of the following:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: Nine scholarships in total will be available
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will be valid for Four years
Eligible Countries: Only applicants from African countries should apply.
To be taken at (country): Scholarships College USA
How to Apply: All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship. You do not need to complete additional forms or take additional steps at this time.
Finalist candidates for the Scholarship will be contacted by the Admission Office (after they submit their applications to Wellesley) and asked to conduct a Skype interview.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476