Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 1st February 2018
Eligible Countries: Applicants from African countries should apply
Scholarship country: Scholarships will take place in Michigan State University, USA
Eligible Field of Study: All programs offered at the university
Scholarship Info: The MasterCard Foundation is currently partnering with Michigan State University USA to provide full tuition scholarships to international students from Sub-Saharan Africa. The university will receive $45 million in funding from the foundation to support 185 scholars throughout the nine-year program, which includes 100 four-year undergraduates and 85 master’s degree students. MSU will host the most scholars among the six U.S. partner institutions.
Applicants who have shown academic talent, but are economically disadvantaged and have made a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
Type: Only masters taught programs
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Prior completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Africa with academic achievements suggesting continued academic success as graduate student.
- Strong commitment to a professional path in line with the area of study that can positively impact Africa.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement on campus, in professional pursuits and/or community.
- Applicants must manifest top notch ethical behavior and strong character necessary to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- You have to be able to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Applicants must demonstrate significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Number of Scholarships: Not known.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships are full financial, academic and social support. The Scholars Program will ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will be available for the full period of masters program
How to Apply:
- Applicants are encouraged to review the instructions for application on the Scholarship Webpage before applying.
- This application is for GRADUATE applicants only.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057