Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 31st October 2017
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for Kenyan applicants
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place in Germany
Award Info: The Kenya Vision 2030 policy document recommends investment in Science, Technology & Innovation (ST&I) in priority key sectors. One such area involves capacity building in the universities through advanced training of personnel.
The programme will offer twenty-one (21) PhD vacancies to eligible academic personnel teaching in Kenyan universities (both public and private) for a duration of up to forty-five (45) months (exclusive six (6) months German language course) at a German university.
The general aim of the programme is to train young academics and scientists through funding of Ph.D. degree studies in Germany.
The German Academic Exchange Service or DAAD is the largest German support organization in the field of international academic co-operation.
Scholarship Type: PhD taught programs.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, candidate must:
- Hail from the republic of Kenya;
- Full or part-time teachers in Kenyan universities (both public and private);
- Should have obtained the Master’s degree preferably within the past 6 years (date of graduation);
- Be willing to undertake a six (6) months German language course.
Number of Awards: 21 scholarships in total.
Value of Award:
- 6 months preparatory German language course (fulltime) including accommodation and pocket money
- co-financed monthly scholarship instalment
- Reimbursement of travel costs through an adequate travel lump sum that is disbursed after arrival in Germany, during the funding period respectively
- study and research allowance
- accident, health and personal liability insurance cover
- further individual allowances upon application
Duration of Program: Up to forty-five (45) months (exclusive six (6) months German language course).
How to Apply: The underlisted documents must be prepared for the online application:
- A well written curriculum vitae and list of publications (use the Europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae)
- Abstract of one page, research proposal (not more than 10 – 15 pages) including detailed timetable; academic degree certificates and transcripts, whereby the Bachelor’s degree must have been passed with at least second class upper division and a Masters degree with at least a B+ grade (or equivalent).
Invitation letter from a German supervisor OR admission letter to a structured PhD programme at a German university
Related Post:List of low tuition medical universities in Canada
- Two academic reference letters from university professors (forms provided in the online portal below)
- A no objection Letter from the university, indicating the prospective function of the applicant within the university after return to Kenya and a commitment by the University to the job security of the applicant till the period of return (those on who qualify will be required to produce the Bonding document).
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057