Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 15th February, 2018.
CIMO will issue a state to both successful and unsuccessful applicants of the results by June annually.
Eligible Countries: The Finnish Government scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the underlisted countries:
- Republic of Korea
Scholarship country:Scholarships will take place in Finland
About the Award: The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is a scholarship program that is currently available to young researchers from different academic fields. However, this scholarship would not be used for Master’s level programs or post-Doctoral studies/research. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme application form is not an application for a study/research placement. It is merely an application for funding.
Scholarship Type: Scholarships only for doctoral scholarships
Eligibility: In order to be an eligible applicant for the Finland Government scholarships, candidate must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student. Please see section Doctoral Admissions for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
Related Post: List of low tuition medical universities in Canada
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
- have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- be a national of one of the eligible countries listed above
Number of Awardees: Not indicated.
Value of Scholarship: These scholarships will include:
- A monthly allowance of EUR 1500. The allowance will be sufficient for one person only.
- Expenses due to travel, international or in Finland, will not be covered by the programme. Scholarship recipients are thus recommended to make arrangements for sufficient insurance coverage for their stay in Finland.
Duration of Scholarship: The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme can be applied for a study/research period of 3-9 months, 9 months being the maximum time for an individual applicant.
How to Apply: Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country. The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool.
It is important to go through the Application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage (see link below) before applying.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476