Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries:Scholarships are for commonwealth countries
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will be taken in Singapore
Award Info: The Commonwealth Scholarships (“Scholarship”) are annually awarded to intelligent international students from Commonwealth countries desiring admissions as full-time candidate pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research at the University. Note that these Scholarships are for new, incoming students who are not Singapore citizens or permanent residents. A number of students are selected each semester by the University for the award.
Since its introduction in 1959, more than 34,000 individuals have received awards. Commonwealth Scholarships provide the chance for talented students to gain a qualification from a university overseas and benefit from international experience and cross-cultural exchange. The scholarships also allow universities to attract excellent international students, showcase their research and teaching and forge closer cross-Commonwealth links.
Scholarship Type: For PhD taught programs.
Eligibility:Please meet the following eligibility criteria before applying:
- nationals from any Commonwealth countries except for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents;
- have graduated with an undergraduate degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)/Honours (Distinction) or equivalent;
- at the time of award of the Scholarship, must have been offered admission to a full-time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme by research; and
- should not be on paid employment or accept paid employment or concurrently hold any other scholarship, fellowship, bursary or top-up allowance during the prescribed period of the award
Number of Scholarships: a total of 4
Value of Award:
- The monthly stipend for International PhD students is S$2,000 and scholars in the PhD programme may be eligible for an additional stipend of up to $500 per month upon passing the PhD Qualifying Examination (QE), subject to good performance in research and the attainment of required standards for courses taken.
- Additionally, the award will also cover the annual tuition fee.
- The University reserves the right to vary the amount of the stipend at any time by written notice.
Duration of Program: The scholarship start date will be August 2018. The Scholarship is tenable for one (1) year in the first instance and thereafter may, subject to the Scholar’s satisfactory progress, be renewed each semester at the University’s discretion. The maximum period of the Scholarship is 4 years for PhD candidates.
How to Apply: Applicants must complete the online NTU graduate research programme application and indicate on the form that they also wish to apply for the Commonwealth Scholarship. Applications should be made via the NTU website.
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476