Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 17:00GMT, 17th November, 2017
Eligible Countries: Only African countries should apply. These are free scholarships for college students
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place at Ghana (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology) and USA (Arizona State University)
Award Info: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at ASU and KNUST will provide academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. This Scholars Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
It aims to train a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to societal change and transformation of the African Continent.
Scholarship Type: Only Undergraduate taught programs.
Eligibility: For the 2018/2019 Academic Year Application,
- Note that applicants must be in one of the following programs of study;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Human Resource Management
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- All Applicants must be in their third year of study.
- All Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Second Class Upper Division.
- The Applicant must have No Outstanding Trails.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Number of Scholarships: Not indicated.
Value of Award: The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies
How to Apply: Download a copy of the 2018/2019 application form. Download Application Form
Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Applications close at 17:00GMT, 17th November, 2017
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the University’s website
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476