The new fully funded Administrative Student Programme is currently available at CERN in Switzerland. The time span of the programme is 2 to 12 months, an possible extension of up to a maximum of 14 months may be given.
The Administrative Student Programme is geared at supporting undergraduate students specializing in administration, to spend a training period of 2 to 12 months during the course of their studies (Bachelor or Master).
Please note that CERN’s people will be driven by a shared goal, a single purpose. The are ambitious and want to achieve the impossible, to do what’s never been done before. Everyone here strives to be the best they can be, true specialists and industry “firsts” are created regularly – not just in the world of physics.
- Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before April 16, 2018
- Course Level: This is an Administrative Students training programme.
- Study Subject: The disciplines represented are: Translation, human resources, advanced secretarial work, business administration, logistics, law, finance, accounting, library and information science, engineering management, science communication, education, audiovisual, communication and public relations, psychology, audit.
- Scholarship Award: Award value:
- 3283 CHF/month (the allowance is net of tax)
- Travel allowance
- Contract of association from 2 – 12 months
- Membership of the Health Insurance scheme (contribution automatically deducted from allowance).
- 40 hours/week
- 2.5 days of annual leave/month
- CERN housing service helps to find local accommodation.
- Nationality: Note that only students from CERN Member states or associated states are eligible to apply
- Number of Scholarships:Not known
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants from CERN Member State (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom) are eligible to apply for CERN Fellowship Programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or Associate Member State (link is external)(link is external) and studying in a Member State or Associate Member State.
- ???Students from the Non-Member States are able to apply only if they have been residing in a Member State or an Associate Member State for the last 5 years and are enrolled in a Member State or an Associate Member State educational establishment.??
- You should have completed at least 18 months of your undergraduate studies (Bachelor or Master) at the time of the selection committee which is in June 2018 specializing in an administrative field. This means that you should have started your studies not later than December 2016.
- You can stay at least 2 or at most 12 months remaining registered as a full-time student. To be able to fully benefit from an administrative studentship we advise students to opt for the longest period possible.
- You have a good knowledge of English OR French.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have a good knowledge of English or French.
How to Apply: Once your application form has been submitted, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail which contains a link to the CERN “Report on candidate” form. You must forward this link to at least one referee. One reference letter from your University Professor is mandatory (should you have one reference from a previous internship you may add this as a second reference). Reports from the last committee will not be accepted. Students must also upload their most recent academic transcript giving an overview of their marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure there is no protection so that we can open it), as well as a CV (in English or French) in order to complete the application.
Log in or register to apply now!
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476