Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health, and strengthen the capacity of health systems and health-related research in Africa.
Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 18th February 2018
Eligible Countries: Scholarships will take place in sub-Saharan Africa
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place in the UK
About the Award: These are highly competitive scholarships and will be available to applicants who desire to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc programme at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Type: Masters taught programs.
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- meet the School’s minimum English language requirements; and
- hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- hold an offer of admission for 2018-19 for one of the School’s 18 London-based MSc programmes of study.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate (in their application documentation) the potential to make significant contributions to public health and/or health-related research in Africa.
Number of Awards: 3 scholarships will be available.
Value of Award: Each scholarship will cover
- tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- a tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP16,750.00.
Duration of Program: 1 year
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for 2018-19 for a London-based MSc programme of study (See link in Program Webpage), as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page. Applicants should ensure that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the School’s Admissions Portal by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting this scholarship option from the drop-down menu. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. This is the only attachment required in Step 2 (as applicants should have already submitted references; transcripts; a CV etc with their application for study).
If you encounter any technical difficulties whilst using the online application system please contact LSHTM IT by email, providing them with your full name; the scholarship that you are applying for; and the issue that you have encountered. Please attach a screen shot of the difficulty.
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476