Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 16th February, 2018
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for African countries
Scholarship Countries: University of Nairobi; Maseno University; Egerton University; Uganda Christian University; Uganda Martyrs University; University of Dar es Salaam; and Mzumbe University.
Award Info: PASGR is currently inviting applications from eligible candidates for the DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarships for the MRPP. The Partnership for African Social and Governance Research (PASGR) is an independent, non-partisan pan-African not-for-profit organisation working to enhance research excellence in governance and public policy that contributes to the overall wellbeing of women and men.
In its Higher Education Programme, PASGR works with twelve universities across seven African countries to implement a collaborative Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme. Note that seven of the twelve universities are located in East Africa.
Scholarship Type: These scholarships are for Masters programs.
Eligibility: Note that eligible candidates must be citizens of a country in sub-Saharan Africa, admitted to study the Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) programme at any of the universities listed above. Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s and / or Master’s degree qualification with at least a second class honours upper division from any accredited university. Also the last university degree must have been completed less than six years ago at the time of application.
Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Awardees: Not indicated
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover tuition fees to the university according to the submitted fees structure, a monthly stipend to cover living costs and accommodation (at DAAD rates), as well as an annual study and research allowance.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships are available for up to a maximum of two years. The scholarship will be initially granted for one year and may be extended upon individual request and receipt of a complete application using using a form that DAAD will avail on its portal around March 2019.
How to Apply:
- Fully filled and signed PASGR Scholarship Application Form;
- Signed curriculum vitae scanned in PDF. Please use the Europass CV template: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university degree certificates;
- Certified scanned PDF copies of all university transcripts;
- Proof of admission to the Master of Research and Public Policy, which may be a temporary admission letter including fee structure of the course (scanned PDF copy);
- Letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages in PDF);
- Academic reference from senior lecturer and proof of employment if applicable (scanned PDF copy); and,
- A signed and scanned copy of this document: DAAD Scholars information sheet 2018
A complete application form must be sent to PASGR – firstname.lastname@example.org – together with all the application documents listed above by Friday, February 16, 2018 at 1700hrs.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476