Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 20th March 2017.
Note that this is the date the Foreign diplomatic missions accredited to Bucharest must forward completed application files with a Verbal Note to Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Public, Cultural and Scientific Diplomacy Directorate.
However, the candidate should enquire at the diplomatic mission where he intends to submit the application file about the enrolment calendar. The deadline for submitting the application files is established by each diplomatic mission.
Eligible Countries: If you hail from a country that is a non-EU country
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be undertaken in Romanian Universities
Eligible Courses: Top priority will be awarded to applicants applying for: political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, veterinary medicine, architecture, music, arts.
About Scholarship: These scholarships are granted for three levels of study:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university systems, as well as to candidates who require the equivalent of partial studies and the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta);
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation;
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral degrees
Eligibility:You are eligible to apply if you are a citizen of non EU countries (irrespective of their country of residence) are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to citizens from non EU states with which Romania does not have cultural and education cooperation agreements.
Number of Scholarships: A total of 85 scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Romania will be made available.
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarship is tuition free. So accepted scholars wont pay for tuition.
- Free-of-charge accommodation (depending on availability, accommodation will be offered free-of-charge in students hostels, in keeping with the higher education regulations and within the limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- Financial support – a monthly amount representing :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle,
- RI737126839CN the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for post graduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
These scholarships are fully funded but would not cover food, international and local transport. The candidates are expected to provide support personally or in any other way to cater for additional expenses.
Duration of Scholarship:Scholarships will be valid for the duration of the programa and, subject to academic performance
How to Apply: To get all the necessary information about the scholarships (conditions, necessary documents, enrolment calendar) and to submit their application files, the candidates should apply directly to:
- the Romanian diplomatic missions accredited to the candidate’s country of origin or of residence or to
- the diplomatic mission of candidate’s state of origin accredited to Bucharest
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057