Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 10th June 2017. the outcome of the decision process is expected by 15 July 2017 for entry in October 2017.
Eligible Countries: Only candidates from African countries are eligible to apply
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will be undertaken at UK
Eligible Courses: You are eligible to apply if you are considering: Mathematical Sciences , a Masters in Particles, Strings and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis.
Scholarship Info: The Department of Mathematical Sciences, in partnership with Trevelyan College and with the support of the DDMSAF (Durham Department of Mathematical Sciences Alumni Fund), is offering a scholarship to a student from Africa who wishes to study for a Masters in Mathematical Sciences , a Masters in Particles, Strings and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis.
- This scholarship is for a one-year taught course leading to the award of an MSc degree in Mathematical Sciences, an MSc degree in Particles, Strings and Cosmology or an MSc by Thesis in Mathematical Sciences.
- Applicants should hold a relevant honours degree of sufficient standard from a country in Africa.
- Applicants should not have previously studied at a university outside Africa.
- Applicants will need to provide evidence of possessing a qualification in English language that meets the minimum requirement. Details can be found in the link below.
- Applications are particularly welcome from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented at Durham University.
- For the taught MScs, the awardee is required to attend all taught components of the chosen course and complete all assignments prescribed, including a dissertation. The two taught MSc programmes start on the first October 2017.
Number of Scholarships: Only 1 scholarship available.
Value of Scholarship: This scholarship is a full scholarship and will cover full fees and accommodation for one year in Trevelyan College, and full catering during term time.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will last throughout the duration of all programs
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted on-line through the Graduate School; see their application web pages for more details of the on-line application system. Please specify in the application form that you wish to be considered for the African students scholarship. If it is not possible for you to complete the online application form, please contact the department:
Postgraduate Admissions Secretary,
Department of Mathematical Sciences,
DURHAM DH1 3LE,
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 3050.
Fax: +44 (0)191 334 3051.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476