Scholarship description: Wellesley College in the USA is partnering with the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship scheme to educate African women
Application Deadline: Find the application deadlines below:
1st November 2016 (early decision I), 1st January 2017 (early decision II), 15th December 2017 (Regular Decision)
Eligible Courses: All the courses offered at the university
Scholarship Info: As part of the Scholarship program, Wellesley will provide nine (9) scholarships with holistic support that will include free scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities. All accepted scholars at Wellesley will build meaningful experiences, values, and competencies that are critical to success in the global economy, and that will enable them to give back to their communities and home countries. Accepted scholars will arrive in groups of three students each year.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate degree programs only.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: Nine scholarships
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship: Four years.
Eligible Countries: African countries only.
Scholarship country: Wellesley College, USA
How to Apply: Please note that applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship as well. At this stage,you might be required to complete additional forms or take additional steps.
Finalist candidates for the Scholarship will be contacted by the Admission Office (after they submit their applications to Wellesley) and asked to conduct a Skype interview.
Click here to apply