The joint japan/world bank graduate scholarship program (JJ/WBGSP) calls for application from developing countries and Japanese nationals for master’s degree program starting this 2017/2018 academic year.
Application Deadline: 23rd February, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Accepted Subject Areas: Eligible applicants should propose a program of study related to development at the master’s level, in fields such as economics, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or other development‑related subject.
About Scholarship: The World Bank and the Government of Japan, through the Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program, offer scholarships for Masters Degree to postgraduate students from developing countries. It is anticipated that scholars would return to their countries to apply their enhanced knowledge and skills towards helping accelerate the pace of economic and social development.
Selection Criteria: eligible applicants are assessed according to three main factors; academic excellence, professional experience, and relevance of program of study. Priority is given to candidates from the public sector with a high potential to impact the development in their own countries after completing their studies.
Eligibility: To apply for a JJ/WBGSP scholarship under the Regular Program, an applicant must:
- Be citizen of a World Bank member country eligible to borrow;
- Not hold dual citizenship of a developed country;
- Be under the age of 45 on the Application Deadline date;
- Hold a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree earned at least 3 years prior to application deadline;
- Have 3 years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor (or equivalent) degree;
- Not be a staff member (which includes consultants) or relative of a staff member of the World Bank Group;
- Be in good health;
- Be accepted unconditional andenroll in the upcoming academic year in one of JJWBGSP preferred master programs;
- Submit a completed JJWBGSP application by the Application Deadline date
Number of Scholarships: Several
The JJ/WBGSP provides annual awards that covers the cost of completing master’s degree or its equivalent, the award are given for one year and, provided that the academic term is longer than one year may be given for a second consecutive year or a portion thereof. Subject to academic performance last year and availability of funds.
The scholarship provides benefits for the recipient only, covering
- Economic air class travel between the home country and the host university at the start of the program and one return journey following the completion of the overall scholarship period.in addition to the tickets the scholar also receives UD$500 travel allowance for each trip.
- Tuition and cost of basic medical and accident insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly subsistence allowance to cover living expenses, including books.
Eligible country: developing countries eligible to borrow from World Bank.
To be taken at (country): one of the preferred universities.
How to Apply: Applicants are strongly encouraged to use the online application form available in English, French, or Spanish
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057