Financial support opportunities for African students are not as common in New Zealand compared to countries like UK. However there are scholarship programmes that students from Africa can partake in prospective students who want to study for their masters or PhD in New Zealand can take advantage of a few scholarship programmes offered in this country.
Application Deadline: 15th March 2017
- Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia.
- Caribbean: Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Asia (Other): Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- Pacific: Cook Islands, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
To be taken at (country): New Zealand
About The Award: the common wealth scholarship and fellowship plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which member government offer scholarship and fellowship to citizens of other commonwealth countries. The CSFP was established at the first common wealth education conference in 1959 and is reviewed by the education ministers at their triennial meetings – the only scholarship in the world to receive such high level recognition.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following conditions to be eligible for a New Zealand Scholarship:
- Be a member of a Commonwealth country
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing your scholarship.
- Be able to satisfy Immigration requirements for international student entry to New Zealand or the country in which you will undertake your scholarship (i.e. medical checks, police clearances/character checks, etc.)
- Be academically and linguistically able to obtain an Offer of Place for the proposed programme of study from the tertiary institute where you will undertake your scholarship.
- Not have been previously terminated from a New Zealand Government Scholarship
- Seek a qualification that will contribute to the sustainable development of your home country
- Commit to return to your country for a minimum of 2 years at the end of your scholarship.
Number of Awardees: Not specified New Zealand
Value of Scholarship: New Zealand has first rate education institution that offers world recognised qualification. Successful applicants will have access to excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities. The scholarship includes financial support for tuition, living cost while living in New Zealand, and airfares. The partners of students are eligible for work visa that’s allows them to work and live in New Zealand for the duration of their partners study.
Duration of Scholarship: New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships are available for the following postgraduate qualifications:
- Master’s Degree (1 – 2 years)
- PhD (up to 3.5 years)
How to Apply: You may only apply using the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship Application form as a hard copy. Please note that applicants are unable to apply online. You must submit your application to your local Nominating Agency.
Please be sure to read the Application section carefully before submitting an application.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057