Application Deadline: The 2017/2018 BEA interviews will fall between Monday 13th February – Thursday 16th February 2017 across the six geopolitical zones. Candidates are advised to apply online before these dates.
Eligible Countries: Apply if you hail from Nigeria
Scholarships to be taken at: Scholarships will be undertaken in Russia, China, Morocco, Turkey, Algeria, Romania, Serbia, Japan, Ukraine, Cuba, Greece, Czech Republic, Syria, Macedonia, Mexico, Egypt, Tunisia etc.
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
Scholarship Info: The Honourable Minister of Education, is currently inviting qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2017/2018 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
- Undergraduate (UG) programs will be taught in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
- Postgraduate (PG) programs on the other hand will taught in in Russia (only for scholars whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
Type: The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
- Undergraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2014 & 2015).
- Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
- Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign languare of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website: www.stipendumhungaricum.hu.
Number of Scholarships: Several scholarships will be awarded.
What are the benefits? The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while Nigeria government takes care of supplement, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
How long will sponsorship last? The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues):
North West: Location of interview is Kasu Main Campus
- Mon 13th Feb: Sokoto and Zamfara states
- Tues 14th Feb: Kano and Kebbi states
- Wed 15th Feb: Jigawa and Katsina states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kaduna state
North East: Location of interview is FGGC Jalingo, Taraba State
- Mon 13th Feb: Borno and Yobe states
- Tues 14th Feb: Bauchi and Gombe states
- Wed 15th Feb: Adamawa state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Taraba state
North Central: Crowther Memorial College, Lokoja Kogi state
- Mon 13th Feb: Benue state and FCT
- Tues 14th Feb: Niger and Plateau states
- Wed 15th Feb: Nasarawa and Kwara state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Kogi state
South West: School of Science, Okebola, Ibadan, Oyo state
- Mon 13th Feb: Osun and Ondo states
- Tues 14th Feb: Lagos and Ogun states
- Wed 15th Feb: Ekiti state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Oyo state
South South: Federal COE Tech Permanent Site along Asaba-Ibusa rd., Asaba, Delta state
- Mon 13th Feb: Cross River and Rivers states
- Tues 14th Feb: Akwa Ibom and Bayelsa states
- Wed 15th Feb: Edo state
- Thurs 16th Feb: Delta state
South East: Law Faculty, Ebonyi State University, Ebonyi state
- Mon 13th Feb: Anambra state
- Tues 14th Feb: Imo state
- Wed 15th Feb: Abia and Enugu states
- Thurs 16th Feb: Ebonyi state
What to bring to Interview: All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- One certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only; • Statement of results must be confirmed by WAEC and forwarded to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board, Abuja;
- Two copies of Birth certificate
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
How to Apply: Candidates nominated and finally selected by the awarding BEA countries will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Photocopies of Authenticated academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports & Police clearance certificate.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057