Deadline: 30 April
Study in: Australia
Course starts: 2017
Brief Description: Australia awards scholarship formally known as Australian development scholarship (ADS) provides opportunities for developing countries particularly those countries located in indo pacific region to undertake full time undergraduate or post graduate programs at participating Australian universities. And technical and further education (TAFE) institutions
Host intuition (s)
Any of the participating Australian universities
Level/field of study
Undergraduate or postgraduate programmes that are related to your country’s priority area of development, which are listed on the participating country profile.
Australian awards are not available in areas that are related to flying for training including nuclear technology and military training.
Number of scholarship:
Citizens of one of the participating countries in Asia, Pacific, Africa, and the Middle East. See the complete list of participating countries.
The Scholarship Benefits Generally Includes Full Tuition Fees, Return Air Travel, Establishment Allowance, Contribution To Living Expense (CLE) Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) Introductory Academic Program (IAP) , Pre Course English (PCE) Fees See The Complete List Of Benefits At The Official Web Page.
The scholarship is offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution including any preparatory training.
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
- be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
- be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on the Australia Awards website) and be residing in and applying for the scholarship from their country of citizenship
- not be married, engaged to, or a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any time during the application, selection or mobilisation phases (note: residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for a Student visa (subclass 500) and not be current serving military personnel
- not be a citizen of Australia, hold permanent residency in Australia or be applying for a visa to live in Australia permanently
- not be applying for another long‐term Australia Award unless they have resided outside of Australia for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia
- have satisfied any specific criteria established by the Program Area or the government of the applicant’s country of citizenship (e.g. having worked a certain number of years in an appropriate sector)
- be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the award is to be undertaken
- be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to hold a Student Visa.
- Applicants must inform the Program Area of any connection or relationship to staff employed at Program Areas or with managing contractors so that the application may be properly and transparently managed.
Read the complete eligibility criteria in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook (PDF)
Check the open and close dates for your country, and select your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for specific information on eligibility, priority areas and how to apply. Deadline varies per country. The deadline for most countries is 30 April 2017 except for Kiribati (March 7), Laos (March 24), Papua New Guinea (February 28). Australia Awards for Africa, Timor-Leste, Samoa, and Vanuatu are already closed. No applications in India for intake 2017 are sought.
It is important to read the how to apply page and visit the country specific pages, and the official website (link found below) for detailed and updated information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards/Pages/australia-awards-scholarships.aspx
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476