These scholarships are for undergraduate and masters degree programs for students pursuing B.Sc degree in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences 2017/2018
American University of Beirut (AUB) and The MasterCard Foundation have joined forces to provide distinguished scholarships to students at the Faculty of Health Sciences (FHS). With the $9 million scholarship endowment, young adults who are sensitive and passionate about changing their communities’ will be allowed the chance to pursue a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences at AUB. In addition to the full scholarships and living expenses fully catered for, the MasterCard Foundation Scholars at AUB will benefit immensely from intensive preparatory courses, mentoring, career counselling, and internships at institutions and organizations relevant to their field of study. A give-back component is incorporated into the program, which allows students to contribute to their communities through several volunteer projects and activities.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at AUB is restricted to the two (Environmental Health or Medical Laboratory Sciences) undergraduate programs at FHS.
To be eligible for this scholarships, candidates should be academically promising, financially disadvantaged, and have leadership skills, potential and a desire to give back and go back to their communities after their degree program.
Applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at AUB should have already completed a bachelor’s degree at an African university and are residents of an African country.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars will be provided the following:
- Full tuition scholarships
- Books and computer
- Living expenses
- Medical insurance
- Intensive preparatory courses and SAT courses (as needed)
- Close supervision and academic support
- Community engagement opportunities
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill out an application form and present it with the documents shown below in person to the AUB Office of Admissions.
Additional documents related to the applicant
- Copy of identity card or passport
- Two recent passport size photos
- Official and sealed copy of first and second secondary classes school grades
- Proof of previous scholarship or financial aid if applicable
- Certified copy of Official Lebanese Baccalaureate Certificate when available
Additional documents related to the applicant’s family
- Family civil status record issued within the previous 3 months
- Employment records (father’s and mother’s income statement)
- For each dependent child enrolled at school or university; recent school certificate of registration showing annual tuition fees
- Car registration form for each car owned
- Proof of home ownership
- Proof of land ownership
For further inquiries, please contact Ms. Maha Makki, Program Officer at the address below:
Faculty of Health Sciences
American University of Beirut
Riad El-Solh / Beirut 1107 2020
Tel: +961-1-350000 (ext. 4600/4613)
Click here to apply