Application Deadline: 30th August 2016
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Scholarship Country: South Africa
Brief description: The MasterCard Foundation in collaboration with the University of Pretoria will offer full scholarships to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following undergraduate study programmes at the University of Pretoria.
Faculty of Engineering
- BEng (Industrial Engineering)
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)
- BEng (Civil Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electronic Engineering)
- BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
- BEng (Mining Engineering)
- BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- BCom (Accounting Science)
- BCom (Financial Science)
- BCom (Economics)
- BCom (Informatics)
- BCom (Agribusiness Management)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
- BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
- BScAgric (Animal Science)
- BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
- BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences)
Postgraduate Study Programmes
Master’s degree applicants in the above-mentioned fields may also apply.
Note that Honour’s candidates will be considered for the scholarship if they are prepared to commit to continuing to a Master’s degree.
Scholarship Info: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) awards scholarships specifically to academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute immensely to the transformation of the continent. Community service is a necessary component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities.
Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught programs.
- Interested candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- They should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection Criteria: Eligible candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to making a difference in their communities, having faced significant barriers to accessing and completing quality tertiary education. The scholarship program will provide a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
Number of Scholarships: Not indicated but several.
Value of Scholarship: The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
How to Apply: Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application process in the webpage
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476