Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 30th January 2017.
Eligible Countries: Nigeria (Rivers, Delta, Imo and Bayelsa States)
Scholarship country: These scholarships will be offered in partnership with three prestigious and internationally recognised universities in the United Kingdom Imperial College London, University College London and the University of Leeds UK
Eligible Courses: The following courses at the three institutions qualify for the scholarship:
- Imperial College London
- MSC Petroleum Engineering
- MSC Petroleum Geoscience
- MSC Petroleum Geophysics
- University College London
- MSC Chemical/Process Engineering
- MSC Mechanical Engineering (Rotating Equipment or Metallurgy)
- MSC Civil Engineering (Geotechnics)
- University of Leeds
- MSC Exploration Geophysics
- MSC Electronic/Electrical Engineering
Scholarship Info: Every year the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) awards scholarships to students form the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. The scholarship scheme will provide an fully funded academic opportunity for qualifying students from the three Niger Delta States to further their education in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry.
Scholarship Type: Only Postgraduate Masters
Selection Criteria: Candidates must have gained admission to study at any of the participating universities in one of the qualifying courses
Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Display sound intellectual ability and leadership potentials
- Meet the individual universities’ English Language requirements (usually at least 6.5 in IELTS score valid for Sept. 2017 admission). Please note that TOEFL is no longer recognised by most UK universities. Candidates are advised that failure to meet each university’s English Language requirement at the time of selection may invalidate their application.
- Applicants should be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2017
- Hail from Rivers, Delta, Imo or Bayelsa states (documentary proof of this will be required and will be verified)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study
- Have obtained a university degree (at least of equivalent standard to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours degree)
- Not have studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid to end December 2018
- Be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC or the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria
Benefits: These scholarships will fully cover tuition fees, one return flight from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
Duration of Scholarship: Valid for one year postgraduate masters programs.
How to apply:
- You should submit applications for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the qualifying courses
- Application forms will be available ONLY through the participating universities, following admission;
- Nominated applicants will attend an interview before being considered for final selection;
- Visit the following university application page for more details on how to apply for admission.
Further information can be obtained at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the individual universities.
View here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057