The Queen’s Young Leader Award is a highly coveted award set aside to recognize and celebrate exceptional and high achieving young people between the ages of 18-29 years from around the Commonwealth countries, who are change makers in their various communities and actively using their skills to change and transform lives. Winners of this prestigious Awards will be eligible to receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking, including a one-week residential programme in the UK during which they will collect their Award from Her Majesty The Queen. With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities. Applications are now open.
All applications/nominations should meet the following laid out criteria:
All candidates should provide experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements. Applicants must be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2017; your date of birth must fall between 1st January 1988 – 1st January 1999;
- Applicants need to have proven experience of working to improve their communities locally, regionally or at a national level and be able to show evidence of their achievements.
- Applicants should be aged between 18 and 29 throughout 2017; your date of birth must fall between 1st January 1988 – 1st January 1999;
- All applicants must be citizens of and working in a Commonwealth country or citizens of an Overseas Territories (of a Commonwealth Member).
- Applicants should demonstrate and show evidence of ethical leadership qualities.
- All applicants need to be supported by a suitable referee (a professional in one of the following occupations; a teacher or counsellor; a registered physician or nurse; a church or community leader; social worker or family services; or business leader). Referees must not be related to you.
- Priority will be given to individuals who have overcome challenges to achieve their goals.
All applications/nominations will be considered based on the young person’s achievements to date as well as their potential and future ambition. Award winners will be shortlisted by an Advisory Panel made up of young people from across the Commonwealth and a Board of advisors representing the three partners. The shortlist for Award winners will then be presented to The Queen’s Young Leaders Programme Board, which contains members from all three partner organisations, for final selection and decision.
- All Queens Young Leaders will receive access to a personal mentor with relevant experience and expertise who will regular support to the leader over the course of the year to continue and develop their work.
- Online learning:
- Online learning will be provided with materials relevant to your area of interest, as well as serving as a place for you to meet and share experiences and knowledge with other Queen’s Young Leaders.
- One-week residential programme in the UK:
- All successful candidates will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with inspiring people and visit organisations in the UK that have expertise in areas such as media and communications, social action and advocacy. During this week, Awards will be presented by Her Majesty The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057