Application Deadline: Submit entries on or before 2nd January, 2017
Eligible Countries: Home and International countries
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place in the USA
Eligible fields: In addition to workshop and the preparation of a book length thesis, candidates choose from Notre Dame’s wide selection of graduate courses, including gender studies, art and art history, book arts, languages and literatures, film, television and theater. To complement their classes and writing projects, MFA candidates work on literary journals and presses, teach, facilitate outreach programs with our community partners, interact with visiting authors and artists, and conduct a reading series of their own.
Scholarship Info: Each year, Notre Dame University offers every admitted student full funding in the form of a tuition scholarship and a fellowship which comes with a stipend and responsibilities in the following areas: Publications (Notre Dame Review or the international press Action Books); Outreach (includes facilitating projects at the Juvenile Justice Center, Robinson Community Center and area schools, as well as on- and off-campus events); and Teaching (all teaching is in creative writing, not comp).
Lasting two years, the Notre Dame MFA Creative Writing scholarship Programme describes itself as offering “an intense, stimulating immersion in the many ways an author might shape, support and inform a 21st century writing life.” The program incorporates workshops, literature courses and the writing of a full-length manuscript.
Each application to the program must be accompanied by a writing sample of approximately thirty pages of prose or twenty pages of poetry. Admissions are based primarily on the writing sample and letters of recommendation.
Scholarship Type: Masters scholarship and Fellowship
- Admission to the Creative Writing scholarship programme will be based mainly on the applicant’s writing sample and letters of recommendation. All writing professors consider the writing samples from all applications for their particular genre. It is by far the most important part of the application.
- However, you must also be accepted by the University of Notre Dame Graduate School, which requires a minimum GPA of 3.0. Exceptions can be made for outstanding writing samples.
Number of Winners: Around 8-9 successful applicants will be selected
Value of Scholarship: Every admitted student admitted to the MFA will receive:
1) a full tuition scholarship
2) A fellowship which carries a full stipend (currently $12,500 per year) and responsibilities in the areas of publications, outreach projects, and/or teaching creative writing (NOT comp)
3) Access to a 100% health insurance subsidy
Duration of Scholarship: A duration of 2 years
How to Apply: Please note that there is an application fee of $75; however, a limited number of need-based application fee waivers will be available.
Click here for more information
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057