WIIS has announced the launch of the Next Generation WPS+GPS Symposium. The five-day symposium will discuss international security challenges from a gender based perspective and bring together an international cohort of 24 graduate students (MA and PhD students). The symposium will take place on November 12-19, 2017 in Washington, D.C.
This initiative is a part of a larger initiative designed to bridge existing divides between the traditional security community and the Women, Peace and Security (WPS) community. The WPS+GPS Initiative seeks to reframe and broaden the WPS agenda to include a Gender, Peace, and Security (GPS) agenda in order to advance knowledge and build and support a community of international security experts that is more diverse and knowledgeable about gender analyses of complex international security challenges.
Total costs associated with symposium travel and accommodation will be fully covered by WIIS.
In order to be considered eligible to apply, you must fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Selection is based on a competitive application process. WIIS will invite 24 applicants to participate in the program. Candidates must be:
- Currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a Masters or PhD program in international affairs, security studies, gender studies, anthropology, political science, international development or a related discipline. Students who will be enrolled within the next academic year will also be considered;
- You should be aged 25(min) and 40 (max);
- Candidates should be fluent in both spoken and written English;
- All genders are encouraged to apply.
Submit applications on or before June 1, 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476