Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 13th February 2017.
Eligible Countries: Applicants are eligible to apply if they hail from a developing country
Scholarship country: All receipients will learn at Coady Institute in Canada
Eligible Courses: All accepted participants will engage in learning based on real world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas.
Forum Info: The Global Youth Leaders Certificate is an annaul three-week education program offered at Coady Institute. This special program will enable selected young development practitioners from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to become innovative and effect change in their organizations and communities. Successful participants will engage in learning that is grounded in real-world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. By virtue of a shared learning environment with others from around the world, all participants will be exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of global support.
Type: Leadership and Mentorship training
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: This converted program targets top young leaders (aged 20-30 years old) from developing countries who are working on development issues.Top priority will be given to people who:
- Possess a minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in social, environmental or economic development in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, and the rights of girls and women;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not-for-profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business; AND
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Value of Programme:
- The Global Youth Leadership program provides successful candidates with a full scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodation, and meals.
- Program participants also benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished leaders from around the world.
Duration of Programme: three-week education program
How to Apply
Click here to apply