Brief Description: The Government of The People’s Republic of China is currently offering distinguished scholarships to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to assist African students study in China in the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
Application Timeline: Find below the timelines for the scholarship application:
26th August, 2016 to 9th September, 2016
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- International Communications
Scholarship Info: The Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology of the African Union Commission has the role to ensure the coordination of AU programmes in education and human resource development; science, technology and innovation; and youth empowerment. The Department provides technical support to Member States in the development and implementation of policies and programmes towards harmonisation, intra-African collaboration and experience sharing, as well as quality assurance in these fields, as contribution to attainment of the AU vision of integration, peace and prosperity of Africa.
Eligibility: You are eligible to apply if you ae a qualified African National who meets the admission requirements shown below:
Candidates with potential, motivation and desire to play transformative leadership roles in Africa are particularly encouraged to apply.
Admission Requirements: Candidates who apply for Masters’ programmes should satisfy the following requirements:
- They should have undergraduate degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Candidates should not be older than 32 years
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language
Candidates may be required to undergo a written or oral examination after pre-selection.
Full Scholarship covers: tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, medical insurance
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted with a cover letter stating motivation for applying and how the qualification will enable you to serve the continent.
Applications must also be accompanied with the following:
- Curriculum Vitae including education, work experience and publications if any;
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, transcripts, and personal details page of national passport (at least six month validity)
- Clear colored passport size photograph (3*4)
- Recommendations from two academic referees and one personal referee
- Health Certificate
Applications should be sent by email to Ms. Ikunda Mtenga Leon on: LeonI@africa-union.org
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057