Chevening Scholarships are awards by the UK government’s global scholarship programme, funded primarily by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations. This scholarship programme offers awards to deserving international scholars with leadership potential to undertake master’s degree programs in any subject at any UK university.
Any university in the UK
Masters Degree Programme in any subject at any UK university
Number of Scholarships:
A total of 1500 scholarships will be awarded.
These scholarships are for citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. Please check the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
Deadline: 8 Nov 2016 (annual)
Course starts : Sept/Oct 2017
A Chevening Scholarship normally covers university tuition fees, a monthly stipend, travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, the cost of one visa application, and a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- are a citizen of a chevening-eligible country.
- Agree to return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your program has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Possess at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘apply’ button on your country’s page. Applications close on 8 November 2016 at 12:00 GMT (midday UK time).
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476