Application Deadline: Applications has open and will last until 15th November 2016
Eligible Countries: You are eligible to apply if you are a Nigerian citizen
Scholarship country: Only Nigerian universities
Eligible Field of Study: All programs on offer at Nigerian universities
Scholarship Info: The Jim Ovia Scholarships was set up in 1998. The scholarship scheme is fully funded by Mr. Jim Ovia to provide financial assistance to outstanding Nigeria youth. The scholarship was previously called MUSTE scholarship. Since October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested over 100 Million Naira in the program to support 1500 beneficiaries and counting.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarships, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities.
Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
Scholarship Type: Scholarships are valid for only undergraduate and graduate programs
These scholarships are open to all students with Nigerian citizenship. One hundred (100) scholars will be selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others.
Number of Scholarships: The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities each year for new applicants while renewing applicants are supported annually, conditional on meeting all eligible requirements of the scholarship
Value of Scholarship: All Scholarships will cover tuition fee and maintenance allowances.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will last for the duration of the period of the program
How to Apply
- Go to jimoviafoundation.org. Click on ‘LOG IN’ or ‘REGISTER NOW’ at top right hand corner of the homepage
- Create a new account or login with your existing credentials if you already have a Jim Ovia Scholar Account
- Between September 15 and November 15 when the scholarship application form becomes available, you can begin your application. Ensure to fill out all the data completely and accurately on your application.
- Completed online application
- Valid Government ID (e.g. International passport, Voter’s Card, National ID or Driver’s License). The only exception will be for minors below the age of 18 years who are unable to apply for a government ID. In which case, a birth certificate will be accepted in lieu of a government ID for such minors.
- An official original letter (not photocopied) from your school/Head of Department stating the following: – Your full-name – Course Title – Department of Study – CGPA – Gender – Matriculation number OR Newly matriculated who have not yet received a matriculation number or school ID must provide a provisional admission letter to their institution of study.
- Original Secondary School Certificate (WAEC or NECO)
- Original JAMB certificate
- A valid student ID for your host institution (University/College)
- A passport photograph
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057