Applications are currently invited from applicants for the the 2016 Global Citizen Youth Advocates’ Symposium happening the same week as the Global Citizen Festival. Global Citizen will host the first-ever Youth Advocates Symposium on September 22, 2016.
The conference will attract individuals including young activists from around the globe with diverse campaigning and advocacy backgrounds. The program will allow for powerful and engaging exchange of knowledge, winning strategies and best practices put forward towards addressing pressing global issues, as highlighted by the United Nations’ Global Goals.
This event is fully sponsored- all-expenses paid trip which will not only provide exceptional young advocates with direct exposure to the work of Global Citizen and skilled development practitioners, but also provide them with innovative tools and knowledge for effective methods of campaigning.
All successful participants will receive the following:
- 1 pass to participate in the Global Citizen Youth Advocates Symposium with leading business, media and development practitioners, to learn the ins-and-outs of campaigning in support of the Global Goals;
- 1 Global Citizen campaign-in-a-box toolkit;
- 1 ticket to Global Citizen: The World on Stage on September 22, 2016;
- 1 ticket to the 2016 Global Citizen Festival on September 24, 2016;
- A video feature created by Global Citizen to be promoted through Global Citizen channels;
- Airfare and accommodations in New York.
Deadline: Endeavor to submit applications on or before August 28, 2016
Applicants are encouraged to meet the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the Global Citizen Youth Advocates Symposium:
- Applicants should be aged of 18-35 at the time of entry.
- Applications should be submitted in English.
- Applicants can hail from any country of the world.
- Applicants must be able to speak and interact in English.
- Applicants must have experience in working on issues in their local community related to one or more Global Citizen priority issue.
- Applicants must have a clear idea of how their participation in this training will go beyond them and benefit the communities they work with.
- Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from a mentor or colleague.
- Applicants must hold a valid passport and are responsible for any requisite visas required to travel to New York City, for the period 21-25 September 2016.
- Applicants should fully commit to the following:
- Attending the Global Citizen: The World on Stage on 22 September 26 in New York;
- Attending 2016 Global Citizen Festival on 24 September 2016 in New York;
- Agree to provide regular written updates to Global Citizen on their work following the symposium.
Applicants are evaluated based on:
- Experience campaigning on issues in their local community related to one or more of the following Global Goals.
- Food & Hunger
- Girls & Women
- Sanitation & Water
- A clear idea of how their participation in this training will go beyond them and benefit the communities they work with.
- An understanding of the values and practices of global citizenship.
Click here to apply