Free things are awesome, right? Even if the item is useless, you still feel inclined to buy it, but, when it’s free, suddenly, that urge is tripled.
Well,there is actually free education for EU and international students. There a handful of tuition-free universities in the world, and we managed to create a nifty list of countries that have your back covered and offer great free Bachelor’s degrees.
Tuition fees for Bachelors in Norway
Who does not pay tuition fees in Norway?
Let us answer this question with a single word: Nobody.
Norway is cool that way: So regardless if you’re from the EU or not, all public universities provide free tuition, for everything from Bachelor’s degrees to PhDs.
Still, international students will be required to pay a semester fee of around 30 or 65 EUR, in order to get a library card, a student ID, free access to sporting facilities, and so forth.
Technically speaking, it has to be paid, in order for you to take exams, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t useful or it’s wasted money: with this semester fee, you will have health care covered, as well as a lot of discounts all over the country and city.
Tuition-free universities in Norway
To make your life easier, we have collected a few universities with free Bachelor’s programmes in Norway. These are:
- Nord University, in Bodø;
- University College of Southeast Norway, in Porsgrunn;
- UIT the Arctic University of Norway, in Tromsø.
Tuition fees for Bachelors in Germany
Who doesn’t pay tuition fees in Germany?
Germany may be the only Western European country on the list, but that doesn’t mean the country should be overlooked.
International students are allowed to follow a free tuition Bachelor’s degree in Germany, your country of origin not having any importance here.
Still, just like Norway, you will be required to pay a modicum semester fee, in order to get access to all facilities and enjoy a truly international student experience in Germany. The tuition fee is usually between 150 and 250 EUR and covers a semester-long bus ticket, administration costs, the cafeteria and sports area.
Tuition-free universities in Germany
In Germany, public universities are those who can exempt you from paying tuition fees. Some of the universities that offer free Bachelor’s degrees are:
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena, in Jena;
- Europa-Universität Flensburg, in Flensburg;
- University of Oldenburg, in Oldenburg.
Still, private organisations, although not free, still offer great Bachelor’s programmes and really low fees. Some of the cheapest ones are:
- Hochschule Fulda – University of Applied Sciences, in Fulda;
- University of Heidelberg, in Heidelberg;
- FH Aachen – University of Applied Sciences, in Aachen.
Examples of subjects to study for free in Germany
Germany is one of the leading countries when it comes to universities, facilities, innovations, and inventions. Because it made such a great name, there’s no wonder that the majority of international students choose to go and study:
- Bachelors in Computer Science in Germany
- Bachelors in International Business in Germany
Tuition fees for Bachelors in Finland
Who doesn’t pay tuition fees in Finland?
Although Finland offered until last year free tuition fees for all international students, things have changed now, seeing as only EU / EEA students are offered free college tuition.
If you’re a non-EU/EEA student, you will have to check your choice university, to see how much you will need to pay, as tuition fees may vary from organisation to organisation, or even programme to programme.
Yeah, we’re sorry we don’t have better news.
Tuition-free universities in Finland
If you feel a bit overwhelmed and you’re not sure where to start looking for a degree, we want to suggest these universities with free tuition Bachelor’s programmes:
- Laurea University of Applied Sciences, in Helsinki;
- Hamk University of Applied Sciences, in Hämeenlinna;
- Centria University of Applied Sciences, in Karleby;
- Tampere University of Technology, in Tampere.
Examples of subjects to study for free in Finland
Finland is a popular destination for international students, especially because they offer so many disciplines from which to choose from. Still, the most popular are:
- Bachelor’s degrees in International Business in Finland
- Bachelor’s degrees in Business Administration in Finland
- Bachelor’s degrees in Engineering in Finland
- Bachelor’s degrees in Computer Science & IT in Finland
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057