Accepted Subject Areas: All the Courses on offer at the University
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is available to international students seeking graduate or undergraduate admission into a degree program. The scholarship is 50 percent free and covers half of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
- The award is available for: Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied for summer semesters as well.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not indicated
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate and graduate merit scholarships available only in the US
- Recipients must be full time students.
- Undergraduate recipients would be expected to maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Number of scholarships: Not specified
Note that the scholarship only covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
Eligible Countries: International Students only
To be taken at: East Tennessee State University USA
Note that Completed applications, including letters of recommendation, Pmust be submitted by the following dates:
- Fall semester deadline: no later than June 1st (2015)
- Spring semester deadline: no later than October 1st (2015)
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Prospective students are expected to submit their scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU. An application will not be reviewed until the applicant is admitted to the university. It is necessarily to note that applications received after the deadline will not be reviewed.
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for details
Sponsors: East Tennessee State University
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students continuing from an ETSU bachelor’s degree program to a second ETSU bachelor’s degree program
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and Pharm. D. programs
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057